Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Monster High doll lot rescue and plans for the future!

A few days ago, I rescued 17 used Monster High dolls off of Ebay, just to practice my customizing skills on.  They arrived yesterday.
Many of them had their hands mixed up; some had the wrong hands altogether and one only had one hand; I did my best to switch the hands back and complete as many dolls as I could.  There are a few dolls that will need to have their hands repainted, however, and one is still single-handed.

Their clothing was in relatively good condition; only one doll was nude.  I plan to do some sewing for them, as I have never had Monster High dolls before and I don't have any other outfits for them.

The hair was, of course, tangled and matted, and some dolls had sticky hair, as if a gel styling product had been added.  I will, of course, be restyling all of the dolls and probably doing some repainting as well; stay tuned for updates!
For now, here are all the dolls.  (They also came with a chair and a sword, for some reason).
I performed the boiling-water treatment on a Draculaura doll's hair.  She came out quite well, I think.  Here are the process photos:





 At some point I will be customizing all of these dolls, but for now I'm content to just restore them.
Stay tuned for updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment