Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Custom Monster High doll finished - Repaint Story #1

I recently finished customizing my first Monster High doll.  She was rescued in a large doll lot off of Ebay and was in pretty bad condition.

It was a MH "Meowlody" doll; one hand was missing, and her hair was a sticky, tangled rat nest.  The missing hand had been replaced with a hand from an Abby Bominable doll - blue and sparkly, not matching at all.




Of course, the first order of business was to wash her body and hair, then soak the hair in boiling water, condition it, and comb it out.  Once this step had been completed, she was looking a lot better.

After she'd been prepped, I wrapped up her hair to protect it. Here you can see her face before I removed the factory makeup:


















And after I had washed her face with acetone and sealed it:


















 Now you will see some of the steps her face went through as I was coloring it with paint and pastels:




















I also painted her replacement hand to match her body and sealed it for security.  Then I made her a cute outfit from upcycled fabrics (an sock and some outgrown leggings) and had a mini photoshoot!







 I have named her Adalie.  I may at some point be selling her on Etsy or Ebay, but for now she is just chilling in the closet with the other dolls.
Overall, I'm very happy with how she turned out.  For a first-time job, she turned out pretty good!

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing! I especially like the step-by-step photographs. How can I find out what "products" to use for repainting the face? You are such a talented artist.

    ReplyDelete